Get a seasonal job as a tractor operator, seeding unit operator, grain harvester or grain receiver worker across South Australian regions from April to January. You may need experience for some grain roles using farm equipment and heavy machinery.
Seeding is from April to June. Harvest is from October to January.
- to be comfortable working in a team environment
- be fit and healthy, and self-motivated
- to follow instructions and learn and apply new processes quickly
- to work flexible hours
- to be safety focused
- able to work outside in all weather conditions
How you'll make a difference
The grains industry is a significant employer in the production, storage and export of bulk grains and related sectors. By helping as a grain worker you’ll play a part in supporting our state growth, keeping our food supply chains flowing, and create additional jobs.
Did you know:
- South Australia’s 10 year average grain harvest is around 8 million tonnes per year.
- About 85% of our grain is exported around the world.
- Each year SA grows enough wheat to make about 7.6 billion loaves of bread.
- Grain is grown in all the southern regions of the state from the far west of Eyre Peninsula to the Limestone Coast.
Viterra grain receiver roles overview: