South Australia’s Limestone Coast and Adelaide Hills needs workers to help prepare the soil and plant timber trees between June and July.
You'll be preparing the soil, and planting timber trees.
- experienced tree planter with good species knowledge
- experience in plotting trees on a laptop
- basic computer knowledge
- an MR Licence would be highly regarded but a full driver's licence is required
- to be physically fit.
How you'll make a difference
South Australia’s forestry industry directly employs about 5,500 people and indirectly supports employment for an additional 12,500 people. By planting trees you’ll play a part in helping to support our state grow, keep our supply chains flowing and create additional jobs in the economy.
Did you know:
- All timber production in South Australia is from plantations – no native forests are harvested.
- Forests absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and store it as carbon, which remains in wood products.
- In 2018–19, the South Australian forestry and wood products industries contributed more than $2.2 billion to the state’s economy.